Simple recipes do not have to be flavorless or boring. Fresh ingredients, complementary spices, herbs and seasonings add loads of flavor with little and no calorie count.
This tasty meal was created with a few of my favorite ingredients.
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless or bone in, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons Crushed Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Basil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Coconut cooking spray
- Preheat oven, grill or broiler. Use proper cooking times for bone in verses boneless.
- I usually purchase boneless.
- Preheat Oven at 375 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with Coconut cooking spray or your favorite low fat cooking spray.
- Place thawed chicken breast in baking dish.
- If chicken has extra water on it, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix all dry ingredients and crushed garlic to make a rub.
- Rub or sprinkle on each piece of chicken, both sides.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 45 minutes
- *ovens vary and cooking times vary due to thickness of meat. Use a food thermometer to test the thickest part. Safe to eat chicken should be at 165 degrees internally,
Make your favorite Kale salad and roasted Sweet Potatoes sprinkled with nutritional yeast for a nutty cheesy flavor.