This is a favorite of mine, crockpot Chana Masala. I make a large batch of this and keep in ready to eat in the fridge for a few days. It’s great as left overs and in this case, over poached eggs and toast.
- 4 C. water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (more if you like more of a kick)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cans chickpeas
- Combine everything except the chickpeas in your slow cooker and turn on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add chickpeas.
- Cook 2 more hours until they’re tender and have incorporated the Indian flavors.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
- I used all organic ingredients. This batch lasted a week. We ate it on salad, over quinoa, over poached eggs and toast.
For this delicious breakfast simply poach 2 eggs , steam 1 cup of spinach per person and toast one piece of whole grain toast.
Assemble and pour 1/2 cup of Chana Masala over the top serve hot and eat immediately.
This is such a delicious and healthy breakfast. No fats, no butter!
Original recipe at http://www.5dollardinners.com/chana-masala-in-the-slow-cooker/#_a5y_p=1718205