This was today’s lunch. Red Chili Chicken Chili with Beans. It’s delicious. I think you should make it. RIGHT NOW!I actually made this out of a few left overs in my fridge. I am really good at recycling food so you don’t know you are eating left overs.
I had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge that we didn’t eat all the meat off. And some dehydrated tomatoes. The rest is all fresh.
- Meat from rotisserie chicken- peel and de bone
- 1 can pinto beans- pour off liquid and rinse
- 1 sliced onion- dice if you have picky eaters in the family
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 8 garlic cloves peeled- I left them whole but you could use crushed garlic if you prefer
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 package sun-dried tomatoes or a can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 dried red Anaheim chilis blended in blended with 1/2 water until a red chili sauce
Fill a large pot 3/4 of the way with water. Add ALL the other ingredients and let simmer for an hour uncovered. Be sure to keep an eye on it and not to let the water evaporate burning your chili. If you the water evaporates to quickly, turn the heat down and add some more water. Continue to simmer until all flavors have melded and the aroma of chili is in the air.
*Tip: If this is too much chili for you. Let it cool on the stove to room temperature and then place in single serving freezer safe containers for a later day. This works out great when you are in a hurry or cooking seems impossible. Plan for weight loss success so you won’t swing into the drive thru for that unhealthy “time saving” alternative.